Why did Jesus perform signs and wonders such as the healing of the blind, the raising to life of the dead, the casting out of evil spirits from the demonized, the feeding of the 5,00, and the calming of the sea and wind?

Jesus revealed the reason for these signs and wonders when he said:
"I have testimony weightier than that of John. For the very work that the Father has given me to finish, and which I am doing, testifies that the Father has sent me." John 5:36
Signs & Wonders Are A Message From God
Each sign and wonder that Jesus performed was a testimony from God confirming that He had sent Jesus Christ into the world to save the world. Each miracle was a testimony from God to encourage us to believe in Him.
God continued to speak to the lost world through signs and wonders done by the apostles. The Bible tells us:
"God also testified to it (the gospel) by signs, wonders and various miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit distributed according to his will." Hebrews 2:4
Application
God desires to continue speaking to our world through signs and wonders - if we choose to believe the words of Jesus who said:
"I tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." John 14:12
God still desires to speak to our wold through signs and wonders. Are we willing to believe in His Word and seek to do His works?

No comments:
Post a Comment